Re: non-stock M3 LTW...?

To: Rex Tener <rex@marimba.com>
Subject: Re: non-stock M3 LTW...?
From: Jason Bowles <jbowles@carol.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 05:57:57 -0400 (EDT)
> >Aluminum door skins, stiffer
> >suspension springs with 1" lower ride height, sound padding removed, special
> >seats, and a lower rear gear were also std.
> >
> >Hardly the type of vehicle to be classed in Stock.
>
> Sounds like a Type R, Porsche MO30, Neon ACR, ....

Neon ACR Stock ride height spring rates the same as 95-96 Sports 98-99
R/T's and some other model neons I dont know off hand

Neon ACR 95 only year with no sound padding..95 bases and other models
didnt have this either as what the early ACR's were based off of, this
would only be the early 4dr neons..are those the ones winning DS?

Neon ACR same seats a 95-96 Sports and 98-99 R/T's just some added side
bolsters, same weight and a 5 point harness does more than seat bolsters.

Neon ACR Same Gearing as 95-96 Sports and 98-99 R/T's and various other
models Also 4dr ACR's dont have the different final drive they have the
3.55 to the 3.94 the coupe ACR's and the above other models mentioned
get. And the only other trans difference in the early years was 5th
gear..now who uses that autocrossing? And Raod racing you would have to
exceet 126-130 mph depending on tires..a Stock Neon? Tell me what track.

Neon ACR Same doors windows and body parts as every other neon out there.

I could go on but if you want more info go here and read up on neons
http://www.neons.org/faq/  There are facts not guesses there.

Jason

> <ducks>  :-)
>
> Rex Tener
> rex@marimba.com

          Jason Bowles <jbowles@carol.net> <pagejason@carol.net>
           Carolina Online Technical Support Assistant Manager
            Carolina Online Home Page   http://www.carol.net
              Carolina Online Inc.      (864)375-0600 x301
                   "A Full Service Internet Provider"