Re: Kudos to NAP and Mark Sipe

To: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@gdi.net>, "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Kudos to NAP and Mark Sipe
From: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 17:01:27 -0500
Paul wrote:

>Jut got done reading Howard Duncan's condescending letter
published in
>this month's NAP along with Mark Sipe's rebuttal.

I read same. Interesting how Howard takes offense at somebody
else with a soapbox, but doesn't mind using one himself every now
and then... He's taken a few pot shots at team.net, also.

>guess Howard is not used to people disagreeing with him in print
even
>though they may not even know that they are.

You said it, but I gotta agree. Seems Howard has gotten awful
sensitive over the past few years. He lit into John Kelly in a
letter to NAP a couple years ago about something I don't
remember. John has been gracious enough to print his letters,
presumably in full, even though Howard took some pretty cheap
shots.

>Instead of being a servant of the clubmembers

Hahahahahaha! Good one.

> he seems
>to always be trying to build solo into his own image.

I don't think it's necessarily just Howard doing that. He does
have more at stake, though, seeing as how it's his day job.

> I applaud NAP for
>providing a forum where such issues can be dealt with in the
open.

Hear, hear. If I had to do without one - Pylon or Sports Car -
there's no question which one I'd keep. It's NAP hands down.

Jay