RE: Kudos to NAP and Mark Sipe

To: "Autox@Autox.Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Kudos to NAP and Mark Sipe
From: "Brent DeWitt" <bdewitt@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 19:58:11 -0600
Sorry folks, but I beg to differ.

> I read same. Interesting how Howard takes offense at somebody
> else with a soapbox, but doesn't mind using one himself every now
> and then... He's taken a few pot shots at team.net, also.

Ok, I prejudiced.  I have met, talked to, and even competed against Howard.
I have yet to meet another SCCA Solo related individual who works as hard to
support our sport.  This is not some outside MBA recruited as a henchman, he
has one of those well earned red and black jackets of his own.

> >Instead of being a servant of the clubmembers

Howard works for "the club".  My observation is that the overall "health" of
the club, as viewed through his experience, is a first priority.  That does
not guarantee that others will have the same vision of "health".

> Hahahahahaha! Good one.

Don't agree.
> > he seems
> >to always be trying to build solo into his own image.

Can you describe your thoughts on Howard's "image".  The only one I've seen
is as very dedicated individual.

> I don't think it's necessarily just Howard doing that. He does
> have more at stake, though, seeing as how it's his day job.

Yes, he does.  But anyone who just takes the short term view of a paycheck
has a very short career in front of them, and that's not Mr. Duncan.

> > I applaud NAP for
> >providing a forum where such issues can be dealt with in the
> open.

Here I _totally_ agree!  The more opportunity for open exchange between the
club and it's members, the better.  All viewpoints should be allowed to the
podium.

> Hear, hear. If I had to do without one - Pylon or Sports Car -
> there's no question which one I'd keep. It's NAP hands down.

I feel both have contributions to make.  I don't want to be without either
one.

Just another viewpoint......

Brent DeWitt
DS 93