Re: The 'New' G Stock?

To: "Jason" <kart38@home.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The 'New' G Stock?
From: "Ron Bauer" <ronbauer@aa.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 12:12:00 -0700
Jason wrote:

>I have a question though.  In a stock class of racing what joy does one get
>from winning with a car that is KNOWN to be better than all the other cars
>in it?  I would think it would be an empty victory, and believe me I know
>about those.  I have won one kart track championship cuz of attendance, and
>I am about to win another.  They are meaningless.  To tell you the truth, I
>treasure my 5th place championship finish more than either of my
>championships.  You know why?  I had to work for it!  I missed a race and
>lost 120points to the leaders and ended up less than 100 behind by the end
>of the season.  Just my $1.50.....Later all.

Jason, I suggest you try driving a Type R against the top Type R drivers in
the country and then tell me I'm getting easy wins.  I also think the DSM's
are something to watch out for.  Though I think of myself as a very capable
driver, I have not had any "easy" wins this year at a National level.  I
have had to drive very well to win.  I am very proud of how I've done.  I
can understand your thought of hollow wins not meaning as much.  I have had
a couple of those this year, but not at a national level.

FWIW, I also drove a Miata two years ago which was and is the car car to
have for BS.  In no way was any win easy there either.  As someone else
pointed out, the top drivers will migrate to the cars they think will win.
That's why I drove a Miata two years ago, that's why I drove the A4 last
year, and that's why I'm driving the Type R this year.

Ron Bauer
'98 Acura Integra Type R
Team Butt Heat