Re: Katie Kelly protested?

To: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Subject: Re: Katie Kelly protested?
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 10:30:12 -0700
Paul Foster wrote:

> <<<What is a real bummer is the number of people, like you, or even some
> that weren't even at nationals, that are condeming Kevin McCormick
> without ever hearing his side of the story/protest.  As I learned a long
> time ago in this sport, there are two sides to every protest.>>>
>
> So let's get him on this forum to explain. Then we can lynch him! ;-)

        With a comment like that, would -you- want to speak up? Probably not. I
dunno, I've only heard one side of the story, and I'll admit that having
only heard that side it sounded weird to me. But I (and probably most of
us) do not know both sides of the story, and without that, I don't think
it's fair to condemn him over the issue. I myself would very much like
to know what both sides are. I've known both Kevin and Katie, I used to
run with them both in SFR when I lived there. Granted, I don't Kevin as
well as Katie. However, it's been a few years since I lived there, and
who knows what has transpired since.

        But regardless, a "clarification" protest that puts up an additional
fee for teardown is at least fairly serious. Either that, or it's
someone with money to burn. Like I said, I don't know both sides of the
story, but I'm really glad that "Lucy" was found to be legal anyway, she
drove that little miata in awesome fashion, and she well deserves the trophy.

Way to go Katie!

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/