RE: Katie Kelly protested?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Katie Kelly protested?
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 10:03:41 -0400
"Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com> wrote:

> DG writes...

>> It's good to hear a firsthand report on this. The version of the
>> story that made it to my ears was that "the spring perch was out of >> spec,
but the ride hight was OK, so they disallowed the protest"

> Wow! Where did you get THAT information? I didn't even hear that one! > And I
was there!

It was the story making the rounds verbally at the event. I first heard it in
the ESP grid, but I heard variants of it all week.

It doesn't matter though - it was WRONG. Enough people whose reporting I trust,
both because of who they are and because they were there, have reported that
this particular rumour is completely bogus that there's no longer any doubt in
my mind. The car was legal; the protest comittee was competant and correct. Case
closed.

DG