Re: The Daddio factor, or how can anyone be that fast?

To: Darren Madams <darren@madams.com>
Subject: Re: The Daddio factor, or how can anyone be that fast?
From: "Crooke John" <crooke_john@bah.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 14:36:46 -0400
A third theory...

Theoretically, (mathematically), dolphins should only be capable of a
certain underwater cruising speed in a certain density of water.
Theoretically at usage=100% you turn 15 knots.

Then why can dolphins swim at 30 knots? Because of the special forgiving
qualities of their resilient skin, which allows them to "squeeze"
through the water like they weren't even there.

Scientists have studied for years to develop a coating for ships that
would allow them to do just that.

Maybe Daddio found the ultimate paint job that lets him "squeeze"
through the gates?

John Crooke
90 Honda Accord EX
H-Stock
Silver Spring, MD

PS, I'm not a biologist, and the numbers are from my clouded memory, so
if you have better numbers or facts, well, good for you. Like I care how
fast dolphins swim!