Re: Nationals on Asphalt? (Was: rolling cars in autocross)

To: <TeamZ3@aol.com>, <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Nationals on Asphalt? (Was: rolling cars in autocross)
From: "Kent Rafferty" <gs96@sgi.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 15:07:39 -0400
The change was enough to make a first gear turn into a second
gear turn for some cars -like Turbo Supras, for example :-).

The course change didn't affect the results, but it will have
an impact on class vs class comparisons and PAX analyses.
Between the rain, temperature changes, and course
modifications, anybody comparing classes could end up
with some very flawed conclusions.

For the record, the event administration was excellent, the
courses were fun and I am not grousing about anything.

Kent Rafferty