Re: Megabuck cars, was: AP as viewed from fourth place

To: <Autox@autox.team.net>, "Scotty *BOB* White" <we2fat4asp@seanet.com>
Subject: Re: Megabuck cars, was: AP as viewed from fourth place
From: "Jeff Winchell" <Jeff@Winchell.Com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 17:04:16 +0100
>    Ok, here's the deal guys,
> the RSR that Greg & Jodi drove is *NOT* state of the art technology, it's
> *LAST* years state of the art ;-) Also note that it can be had for right
> around $125k.

125... for me, it gets more in the grey area. Not an obviously too
expensive car for autocross (clearly not cheap either). Knowning that,
and given that Greg is such a great driver and car prep person, if I were
running in AP I don't think I would have protested. (though perhaps I
would have petitioned for a rules change next year<s>)

****

I was thinking some more about the original 427 Cobra too. In my mind,
if someone bought one of those when they were cheap and raced it I
wouldn't be irritated about someone "buying the win." OTOH, if they
plunked down 500K or 1M because they had it and knew the car would
be an automatic winner with a good driver, then that doesn't seem fair.
Jeff Winchell
http://PonyCar.Net