Re: Megabuck cars, was: AP as viewed from fourth place

To: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>, "Autox List" <Autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Megabuck cars, was: AP as viewed from fourth place
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 01:08:43 -0700
>Not that we really need to argue about this, but I'd bet a fair bit of
>money that if you put Daddio in my $4.5k '95 Neon ACR with its $300 set of
>AR-24's, $700 set of tires (damn Kumho for not having a 225-14 :-), his
>$1.2k set of shocks, and gave him a bit of time with his wrenches he'd
>still have kicked everyone's ass.  Total cost: $6.7k.  Throw in a harness,
>some front swaybars, K&N, plug wires, and a Geez setup and you're still
>sub $8k.
==========================
You forgot the best parts.  You could drive the car to events (or to the
grovery store), with A/C (depending upon the car's options), a decent stereo
and still get 35 MPG.

And that "extra" $2K will but a lot of gas, food and hotel room nights.

God bless the Neons.  ;^)

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

Mental wounds not healing
Who and what's to blame
I'm going off the rails on a Crazy Train.
Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne