Re: Nationals/Asphalt (Loren's autox philosphy)

To: debbi.eley@gte.net, Autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Nationals/Asphalt (Loren's autox philosphy)
From: Hottvr@aol.com
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 18:11:33 EDT
In a message dated 9/25/99 10:07:21 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
debbi.eley@gte.net writes:
  As one of those individuals that has driven 1000 miles to Nationals on 17
different occasion, I am convinced that you do not have a clue as to this
level of commitment that many of us have to this sport.
<Snip>

I have to come to Lorens defense here

Please give me a break here. Just because you have been to 17 Nats that gives
you the right to say Loren doesn't have a clue????? Bizzario.

Debbi writes:
 For someone who would not travel  more than 100 miles to autox,

Wait a minute
So now with your 17 trips to the Nats you are able to tell how far others will
drive to attend an event?

Debbi Writes:
it would be difficult to explain how frustrating it can be to spend 12 months
 traveling 1000's of miles in an effort to hone your skills only to realize
you will not be given the opportunity to drive to the best of your ability.

Given the "opportunity"!!!!!!!!!!! What happened did the pavement go away
before you got there??????

Debbi wrote:
  A large part of the weather issue was

Hey it rained on all the cars it just wasn't yours that got wet!!

Debbi wrote:
   Could you travel cross country and know that no matter where you were,
 should you have car trouble you could call someone within 100 miles for
help?

Loren is a life member of Triple A. Its 200 miles from Kansas City to Wichita
but
Loren knows there are a number of us he can count on. Whats an extra 100 among
friends.

Debbi wrote:
 This is a sport that attracts many, but the true enthusiast are those that
endure the hardships year after year regardless of  weather, surface
conditionals or those with unnessessary opinions. I don't think I will be the
first to tell you to put your traveling shoes on, put your money where your
mouth is and then tell us what you think.  Opinions are cheap

I guess you regard yourself as one of the "True Enthusiasts". So what your
saying
is that anyone who hasn't been around as long as you should have no opinion?
If thats YOUR opinion its pretty cheap too.

Debbi wrote:
  BTW Loren, with all of your extensive knowledge of this sport  one would
think that you would know that I co-drove Mark Sipe's car at Nationals this
year.

So at least in your mind, everyone should know who you are and what you are
driving at any given moment????????? Thats right you were on the cover of
Road and Track last month right? Give me a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please spare me the psycho-babble
Mike B. TLS#1 Flame on Debbi, Flame on