Re: Nationals/Asphalt (Loren's autox philosphy)

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Nationals/Asphalt (Loren's autox philosphy)
From: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 19:27:27 -0500

Debbi Eley wrote:

<snip the entire long-winded and poorly written rant>

Debbi,

Thanks for at least sharing more of an opinion that Mark did, I
appreciate your effort.  I do NOT appreciate your taking a privately
posted message into a public forum.

I'm sorry I didn't recognize your name or know (or care) that you
co-drove Mark Sipe's car at Nats.  That's ALL I'm going to apologize
for.

Just because people such as yourself choose to not raise your opnions
until after you've heard mine doesn't mean I shouldn't state my
opinions.  I offered a disclaimer before my first post-Nationals post
that stated clearly that it WAS my first Nationals.  Here, I found it,
this is exactly what I said:

----------------
Disclaimer:

This and any other drivel that I may soon spew are merely a different
viewpoint of the Nationals.  The viewpoint of a first-timer at
Nationals, essentially an "outsider" to the whole National scene,
namely... me.
----------------

I KNOW I'm an outsider to the Nationals scene and that I'd have not even
been there if I didn't live so close.  I KNOW my opinions are not gospel
and may not apply to anyone other than myself or those who are in
similar circumstances.  They are my still my opinions, and I am free to
state them.  Just as I was free to state my opinion that Mark was
wasting our time with his lame "you don't know what you're talking
about" post.

In reference to some of your other posts to Mike Bultemeier:

Just because I don't choose to drive for hours to get to an autocross (I
generally don't have to, we have about two events per month here, that
keeps me happy) doesn't mean I'm not dedicated.  My dedication is just
not in the same direction as yours.  I focus on helping to keep my
regional program operating and having fun at that level.  If you view
that as not being dedicated... that's fine.

And, to quote Mark, YOU don't know what you're talking about.  I ran
Tuesday/Wednesday and HAD FUN both days, whether I looked like it or not
(on top of the dreary weather and my poor driving, I was nursing a
cold).  Didn't you look at the results to see that I drove my very own
Saturn in Street Touring on those days?  I wasn't even there
Thursday/Friday.

You claim it's rained for 6 of the 10 times you've been to Nats... and
yet you weren't smart enough to be prepared and have your rain tires
handy BEFORE the event?  Then whine because the tire truck didn't have
them?

I did not state my reasons for not liking to travel over 100 miles or
so.  But, since you made an assumption and didn't bother to ask, I have
reasons.  I have a job that gives me a limited amount of vacation.  I
have a FAMILY who doesn't eat, breathe and sleep autocrossing.  I have a
limited budget.  If I were single or at least childless, had plenty of
room in the budget (the two go hand in hand, don't they?) and lots of
time off available, perhaps things would be different.  Then again, if
it meant having to put up with people such as yourself, maybe not.  What
happened to the "big happy family" that I heard Nationals was all about?

I'll end this flame war here and now.  Nothing productive can come from
me saying anything else to you.

--
Loren Williams | Homepage - http://home.kscable.com/shad
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca