Re: Ayers Roll Hold the Mayo

To: pfoster@gdi.net
Subject: Re: Ayers Roll Hold the Mayo
From: Stephen Bernard <solo-2@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 14:14:53 -0400
> This sounds like a very fast section yet it was close enough to the
> timing vehicle that it gave the driver worry that he might hit it.
> Try again.

Paul I ran on that course and that was after the car had rolled.
I saw no problem with the section granted it had been redone but
to actually hit the timing vehicle going through there might be
possible if say the person ignored all the cones and just drove
straight at them. I think our safety stewards were right on top
of it. They did a course redesign and let everyone that had run
get reruns. What more do you want?! something happened, it was
corrected, and I never felt like I could hit the timing van in anyway
during a run. Life isn't perfectly safe, everyone at this event worked
very hard to make it as safe and fun as possible. But if you
overdrive your car in a big way you can get hurt.
Over 1300 runs and one car that was admittedly ill prepared
sticky tire with bad shocks rolled. No injuries that's pretty darn good
in my book.

Steve Bernard
Red '99 Miata (B-Stock)
NER Region (Novice Class)