Re: Re-class a Miata for +15hp!!!!!!!! Give me a break.

To: <randyc2@home.com>, "Stephen Bernard" <solo-2@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Re-class a Miata for +15hp!!!!!!!! Give me a break.
From: "Richard Williams" <richw1@mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 07:14:18 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Bernard" <solo-2@juno.com>
To: <randyc2@home.com>
Cc: <solo-2@juno.com>; <richw1@mediaone.net>; <autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2000 10:45 PM

> > Agreed...but you may want to read Car and Driver's article about the
> > Miata vs the MR2-Spyder as far as how well the Spyder did on a
> > track.
> > Basically, Spyder wins acceleration, braking, and handling IIRC.
> > Miata wins looks and storage.
>
> I read the article and on page 102 they do add that the agility
> of the Miata is higher and that it was better through the cones.
> So for Auto-X it will have to prove itself on course.
> But the MR-S sure does look good on paper.

One thing they were probably fighting with the spyder was that from the
factory the rear has a good bit of negative camber.  The front has no
camber.  This will impede the car's ability to rotate.  Toyota did this as a
safety issue but it will definitely have to be corrected for autox and the
track.  We will just have to see a stock prepared Miata and MR2 Spyder go at
it before we can speculate further.

> > I would rather win ugly...and I have a trailer. :-)
>
> I could go for a nice C-Mod car if I had a trailer. :)
>
> > Besides, I think a yellow one with some red Pikachu graphics would
> > be
> > cool. I promise I will be driving a Spyder very soon...I just wish
> > it was mine.
>
> Well it does have that Poke'mon look to it but someone will
> bring that to graphic life might be cool tho.
> Well when you do drive it see about sneaking it to an event
> and letting us know how well it performs on course. :)
>
> Steve Bernard
> Red '99 Miata (B-Stock)
> NER Region (Novice Class)
> mailto:Solo-2@juno.com