Re: Cone colors

To: "Autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cone colors
From: "Brian Berryhill" <brianberryhill@usa.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 18:32:41 -0500
I think the way we should distinguish the good racers from the really good
racers is use transparent cones! :)  And whats the deal with orange cones
leaving *black* marks on your rio red car?  It's polymer science.. I know I
know.

On a serious note, I agree that cones should be all the same size.  I think
cone layout is more important.  Barriers or off course markers should use
cones widespread and critical turn points should use double cones or
quadruple cones (here's one place a green cone might be good).  I hate it
when there's a gate or a box that uses the same cone spacing as a cone
boundary for off course.  That can be deceptive.

But, I guess it all boils down to separating the experienced people from the
not-as-much experienced.  Looking ahead is key as I've learned, and am still
learning.

Brian

--
Brian Berryhill