RE: Maps of the Peru National Tour Courses

To: "Steven N. Burkett" <sburkett@ooi.com>, "Engstrom" <engstrom@onramp.net>
Subject: RE: Maps of the Peru National Tour Courses
From: "Kevin Stevens" <Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 21:09:17 -0700
> On Wed, 28 Jun 2000, Engstrom wrote:
>
> > It's NOT NECESSARILY BS.  As someone who has personally
> > hosted a National Tour, let me tell you how many people saw the
> > course map before they got their registration packet.
>
> I (and others, no doubt) applaud your efforts to be fair.  But even after
> going to great lengths, and (as you say) seriously hacking some regional
> folks off, it STILL wasn't fair.  If any of the eight people you mention
> were competitors, it wasn't fair to everyone else.

Even granting your premise, it was "unfair" to a maximum of 8 classes.  And
besides, it's already been demonstrated that the maps aren't to scale - they
make molehills appear like mountains!

> Obviously, there's no way to keep the thing a complete secret, unless you
> ban everyone involved from competing.

I suggest we invite Steven to do the course maps and layout for the next Nat.
event.  Of course, then we'd have to shoot him.  ;)

KeS