RE: Maps of the Peru National Tour Courses

To: Kevin Stevens <Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com>
Subject: RE: Maps of the Peru National Tour Courses
From: "Steven N. Burkett" <sburkett@ooi.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 23:43:08 -0500 (CDT)
On Wed, 28 Jun 2000, Kevin Stevens wrote:

> Even granting your premise, it was "unfair" to a maximum of 8 classes.  And
> besides, it's already been demonstrated that the maps aren't to scale - they
> make molehills appear like mountains!

Doh!  Don't lay that premise on *me*.  I don't really think that the maps
are any real advantage either.  I thought we were arguing *access* to the
maps.  And I say that if there's an advantage, then just publish the dang
things and get it over with.  And anyone who sees them as an advantage
will find a way to get to them, Internet access or no.

Bottom line, if it's not an advantage to see the maps ahead of time, the
entire point is moot. If it is an advantage, than SOMEONE always has an
unfair advantage, unless we publish them.  That's what I meant to say...

> I suggest we invite Steven to do the course maps and layout for the next Nat.
> event.  Of course, then we'd have to shoot him.  ;)

Trust me, if I were doing course maps and layout for a national event,
you'd want to shoot me.  And I'd still end up DFL.  ;-)

Steven