Re: Maps of the Peru National Tour Courses

Subject: Re: Maps of the Peru National Tour Courses
From: Engstrom <engstrom@onramp.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 12:38:01 -0500
Mark J. Andy wrote:

> You're missing the point.  Some folks, by necessity, will have to know
> about the course design ahead of time.

Hey folks, Mark has really stumbled on to something here.  We must conclude
that all the complaining about course maps being available / not being available
means that having the maps beforehand is important (if not fair) for
competitors.
Well, OK, we don't HAVE to logically conclude that, but since when was Team.Net
based on sound rational responses and conclusions.  In order to alleviate the
problem with course maps I propose a new system of course design where not
even the course designers know what the course will look like.

1)  Get a bunch of folks good and drunk the night before the event - most people
will need to blow into a breath-a-lyzer to prove they are drunk enough but
special
waivers will be granted to CPers 'cause we know they'll be drunk.

2)  Load the drunk "course designers" onto a flatbed trailer filled with stacks
of
pylons.

3)  Have the "course designers" throw out the pylons at random.

There you have it.  In the morning, no one will know what the course looks like
until they walk it - heck, they won't even know what it looks like _AFTER_ they
walk it.  We'll cur way down on the number of DNFs cause the corner workers
won't know where the cars are supposed to go.  All in all, I think this will
work.

John "NNTO" Engstrom