RE: Info for fellow NRA members and racers...

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Info for fellow NRA members and racers...
From: "bruce haden" <bhaden@ucsd.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 08:41:41 -0700
If any of you go to this site and have questions about the total
"propaganda" these people put out, write me OFF LIST and I'll discuss
it with you. I used to be a gun dealer and and there is so much
bad info out there it's sickening. I say off list because the gun
topic came up on another motorsport-type list I was on and the
discussion got so intense that a lot of people got really pissed and
left. I will say that I have noticed a higher than average number of
racers own guns and the two sports/hobbies have something in common
in that they are constantly under attack in some way from one group
or another. The one difference is that gun owners have a Constitution
behind them; automotive pursuits have nothing.

I don't know what this is doing here, as it has absolutely nothing to do
with autocross (I just _love_ an unmoderated list). However, in the interest
of fairness, here's where you can learn about the opposing viewpoint:

http://www.handguncontrol.org/

The only other thing I will add is that team.net continues to teach me
things about my fellow autocrossers that I just didn't want to know.