Re: Fw: Fiero classing

To: msmith2@columbus.rr.com
Subject: Re: Fw: Fiero classing
From: jon e prevo <tcbracer@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 14:18:48 -0500

On Sat, 15 Jul 2000 13:59:35 -0400 "msmith2" <msmith2@columbus.rr.com>
writes:
> I agree with you, but I feel the need to put what you've brought up
> into
> perspective....
>
> Age isn't a good benchmark for classification....
>
> The Fieros that are being used as an example of 'older' cars, are
> the same
> age as the Corvettes you classify as 'newer' cars.
>
> So, where do you draw the age line at?

Excellent points, all...how about this:

Establish a "vintage" class, containing all cars 15 years old or older,
stock configuration only.  Allow competitors to choose to run in their
respective open classes or vintage class, which will be a paxed class,
like novice or street tire.  In our region, the street tire people are
about evenly split between open class competitors and street tire class
competitors (I think...don't anyone from Texas Region flame me if I'm
wrong).  I bet if a vintage class were established a lot of guys would
opt to run in it.  This would create an opportunity to consolidate the
existing stock classes as some have already been discussing because there
will be fewer cars which realistically need to be classed competitively.

Read this with the concept in mind that there are quite a few cars out
there which are not mis-classed but which, through changing technology
and the evolution of the market have become uncompetitive in stock
classes.  Start designing this vintage class by looking through the
listings and specifically targeting those cars, and work from there.

Just an idea.

Jon FP 73