Re: The Classing Picture As A Whole

To: "Scott Meyers" <solo2@uswest.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The Classing Picture As A Whole
From: "David Hawkins" <otgrouch@twosrus.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 09:49:22 -0500
>Stock - Pure Stock. Eliminate all modifications currently allowed. Class
>accordingly.

Let me throw the first wrench here....ALL modifications?  Are you proposing
that stock cars have to run on OEM Tires?  What about when a manufacturer
uses more than one tire on a particular model?  You can pick and choose
which one you want?  Or what happens when a part is no longer available?
The 1991 Mr2 came with Bridgestone RE71 tires, which are no longer
available in OEM Mr2 sizes....would the driver of this car have to leave
stock class because of this?

I agree that stock allows a bit much.  I think that sway bars should be off
limits and that struts should have to be OEM replacements where available.
I do think that items that are quickly consumed (tires, brake pads, fluids)
should be given some latitude.

>Thought I'd given up on the Pure Stock idea, didn't y'all?     ;-)

NASCAR sure did...why not you?  :P

David Hawkins
no stock cars in this stable....