Re: The Classing Picture As A Whole

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The Classing Picture As A Whole
From: Scott Meyers <solo2@uswest.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 08:01:10 -0700
Let's see.........the shocks, sway bar, spacers, exhaust etc. really
don't make that much difference. It's mostly the driver.

Then why the rash of postings leave the non-stock stuff alone? And it is
*non-stock*.

It does make a difference, and a significant difference. If it did not,
then why the hoopla?

I agree that factory parts only would be cost prohibitive - there would
need to be a way to get around that while still maintaining the
philosophy of "Stock". I see no problem with "performance upgrades" in
the sense of 'kinda like stock' but better quality. Like brake pads,
mufflers, air cleaners.

The allowance of mega-$ shocks is a serious oversight that should be
addressed. No way to police it? Bull. The "claiming rule" would address
that nicely and easily.

It we wish it to be so, there is a way.

With the soon-to-be reshuffling of the Stock categories, this is an
opportune time to make a few adjustments back in the direction of the
initial "stock" concept. Lets take a few steps, eh?

Scott Meyers

BTW - no where in any of my messages did I mention a specific driver or
class. For someone else to bring up a specific driver and class and
imply that somehow I was targeting him is very improper. Must be some
other folks talking out there, huh?