RE: The Classing Picture As A Whole

To: "'Bill Ozinga'" <oz@tirerack.com>,
Subject: RE: The Classing Picture As A Whole
From: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 09:24:10 -0500
> Tires are incredibly a wear item
> and I'd hate to try to buy the factory Goodyear Eagle RS-A 185/65-14 tires
> at $140 a pop when 205/55-14 Kumhos are only $105 each.

I don't dispute your point, but I do dispute your numbers. We sell the
Goodyear for $55. Do they actually charge that much for the Goodyear
locally?
========================
YES, they do.  :^(   Just not to me.  And the Neons came with the H rated
$70 (Tirerack's price) version.

Also, in the tire business, you don't say $XX per "pop". "Popping" isn't
good in a tire. In autox though, it means "To come off a corner at a 45 deg
angle with your foot to the floor leaving double black tracks halfway to the
next turn."
A feat I WISH I could perform in my Neon.  ;^)  But I'll settle for just
keeping the PS belts on the pulleys.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
1998 Dodge Neon R/T
#69 DS    #13 TLS
eric10mm@qni.com

"I ask sir, who is the militia? It is the whole people...To disarm the
people, that is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." -
George Mason