Re: The Classing Picture As A Whole

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The Classing Picture As A Whole
From: Mari L Clements <mrndr2@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 20:59:26 -0400
> Stock cars arriving at a event on trailers- think about it,foolish??

It's been said before, but one more time:

1)  Cars break.  The STS Saturn that broke a hub at the Petersburg Pro
(which, like all our events, was held on a weekend when most dealerships
parts departments aren't open) was driven to the event, and many of us
have to be back at work Monday.
2)  I have two kids.  They come with me.  The MR2 has no back seats.  Why
drive two vehicles?  Extra wear and tear on the drivers and the vehicles
that none of them need.
3)  Leaving aside the tires and wheels issues (since the race tires
certainly weren't OEM even though the rims are), I bring a lot of stuff
with me to events that won't fit in the MR2s tiny little trunks.  Coolers
full of ice water and soda and munchies, a canopy because I sunburn every
event (even with SPF 45), for instance.
4)  Why should I drive my car--or change to a roomier car--just because
you think stock class cars shouldn't be trailered?

There are other reasons I trailer my car, too, but #2 is the reason we
bought the trailer and the tow vehicle.  (In case you are interested, the
other reasons are yes, it is nice to be able to bring more tires [rain,
flat spot, cord...any of these sound familiar?], Matthew's kart and our
bicycles would never fit in any stock class car, and it's just easier.)

mlc
'91 MR2 NA--trailer princess from May to September, and then back to
commuter car...
-----anything after this, I didn't write, and don't necessarily agree
with----

http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.