Re: New CEO

To: Smokerbros@aol.com
Subject: Re: New CEO
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 12:54:03 -0400
Smokerbros@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 9/16/00 8:08:40 AM Pacific Daylight Time, pfoster@gdi.net
> writes:
>
> <<  But I
>  am getting sick and tired of paying for their collosal mistakes, like
>  the USCRRC, the Shelby Can-Am, and driving all the factory teams away
>  from Trans Am. It's just not fair to use the members to fund these
>  failures. If they really want to do more of this sort of thing we should
>  insist they make money from the start instead of raiding the amateur
>  side's coffers. >>
>
> And this has to do with the guy who was just hired in what way?   Jesus,
> Paul, give the guy a chance!

This has to do with the BOD who hired him and gave him his marching
orders. After all, he is just their paid figurehead...

> And while you're at it, why not just leave SCCA
> and take your attitude with you?  You pretty much hate everything SCCA stands
> for and everyone who tries to make a positive impact within it.  There have
> to be marque clubs that can use a guy like you!

Because I happen to disagree with some of the decisions that get made?
Why does my opinion bother you so much?

I do not hate the SCCA. I think at the local level it is just great with
the exception of regions that have too much power for their own good.
No, the problem resides at the BOD. We only get to vote for one of 11
individuals that have total control over how the club's money is spent.
I don't think I am alone in thinking that the SCCA has eventually
totally screwed up any and all pro racing they have tried to organize.
Give me an example of a good decision in recent history.

Paul Foster