Re: New CEO

To: "Randy Chase" <randyc2@home.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New CEO
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 13:28:20 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
To: autox@autox.team.net <autox@autox.team.net>
Date: Sunday, September 17, 2000 12:20 PM

>I know it may be for show, but it was a nice gesture to see him out
>working the course.

Met him for the first time last weekend. I like him.

Don't think that was totally for show. Rather, I think it is part of his
self-imposed learning process to find out just what it is we do. At races,
he works corners. He is not hanging out with the stewards and officials, but
with the grunts. He is smart enough to realize that is where the core of the
membership is, and that's the part is is making an effort to learn about.
Stewards and officials he cannot help but be in frequent contact with. He is
putting faces to the faceless grunts.

And anyone who has worked course should know, it ain't for show! :-)
(Even if it started out as such, it never remains so).

I only wish he had gotten into a car for a Staff Challenge drive.

>Randy Chase

--Rocky Entriken