Re: Ladies Classes

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ladies Classes
From: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 19:53:48 -0500
Rocky Entriken wrote:

> Hey, I just had a flash of brilliance, or maybe a brain fart -- not sure
> which so I'll throw it out for reaction.

Be careful, if you have a brain fart and a flash of brilliance at the same
time, your head could explode!

> Good idea? Really dumb one? Needs work?

It does not address one of the major reasons that people claim the Ladies
classes still exist:  to avoid competing directly against one's spouse.
Your idea would allow the woman, if she was good enough, to trophy ahead of
her significant other in the same class.

Personally, I think this reason is bogus and that Ladies classes are a
waste of time, at least at the Regional level.  We have several ladies who
compete regularly in our region.  Only two of them are in the same class.
(ESL)  The rest are single car classes.  Bah!

But that's just my perception.  Obviously, the rest of my region likes
Ladies classes, as we still run them.

--
Loren Williams | Loren@kscable.com
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca