Re: non-integers

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: non-integers
From: John Eagan <johneagan@toltbbs.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 17:01:27 -0400
Richard Rees, after extensive testing and analysis, wrote:

> Bah!  For us engineers, pi = 3.  It's close enough for practical purposes,
> plus if you do your work right, they cancel anyway

Well, hey, we were talking about silly car numbers anyway, not the Fudge
Factor and tolerances.<g>

Ooh! I know! Let's cover the difference between precision and accuracy!
Maybe that will distract people awhile until the ladies classes debate
dies down a notch and the "stop the attacks" participants run out of
urine.

JLE