Re: SM2 at Topeka

To: Matt Murray <mattm@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: SM2 at Topeka
From: Scott Troyer - TestEng DRAM Repair <stroyer@micron.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 13:05:05 -0600
I would like to make a couple of comments on this topic before it gets any
further
out of control...

1) I think it still too early to be assigning final numbers on any of the
classes at the
     Solo II Nationals. AS will have more than 14 entries but I admit it
probably won't
     have numbers any higher than half of either SS or BS. One thing I can say
for our
     "Soft " AS class is the people coming to compete are all quality drivers.
I happily
     invite all "Bottomfeeders" to please join us and try for that easy
National title
     available in our "Soft" class.  Just don't be too surprised if you find
yourself outside
      the trophies since anyone who manages to trophy in AS will have to earn
it.

      Oh yeah, Matt, the AS you used to run is now BS....

      Chances are AS will be a different class next year. Thats already a well
beaten
      drum, but if you (or anyone) have any opinions on that please send a
letter to the SEB.

2)  I think its great for someone to show optimism/enthusiam toward their
class. I just
      don't think it needs to be done at the expense of other classes. I think
SM2 will
      continue to get stronger as it will fill the needs/desires of a large
group of possible
      competitors. I see SM2 as something which could help strenthen the SCCA as
      opposed to weakening it so I see SM2 as a good thing.

3). There is nothing wrong with CP. I don't care if the majority are located in
one region,
       there is enough to field a very large class at Nationals each year, so
this is a nitch
       that should continue to be filled.

Jeff, I have to admitt you are losing me on some of your analysis, but I guess
I'm getting
the drift....you don't like CP and you think SM and SM2 are soft.  I'm thinking
there is a
good chance we might find both of these classes a little quicker than what your
available
data indicates. I got a novel idea....why don't we wait and see.

Meanwhile, I think I'll go back to worrying about my own class

Scott Troyer AS#71 (#48 for Nationals)
Snake River SCCA