RE: SM2 at Topeka

To: marka@telerama.com
Subject: RE: SM2 at Topeka
From: "Jeff Winchell" <Jeff@winchell.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 13:37:37 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Rick Brown wrote:
> Well, I'll weigh in on this one.  CP had 65 competitors at the 2000
> Nationals.  The winning time was 103.744 by Jesus Villereal. His
> margin of victory was 0.438 seconds over Ron Vermulm.   The winning BSP time
> of Ray Miller (104.542) would have put him 4th in CP.  The winning ESP time
> of Bob Tunnell (104.964) would also have put him 4th in CP. The second
> place ESP time of Mark Madarash  (88 Trans Am, 106.030) would have been good
> for 15th in CP and a trophy.  Finally, Curt Ormistons SS winning time
>(106.766) would have been good for 17th place in CP and the last trophy
> position.  Top 5 or 10 CP cars built pretty damned well?  Perhaps not.

Mark Andy responded:
2nd, for the top ESP car (again, bumping Bob out) to have finished 15th
supports my contention rather than the reverse.  What you're saying is
that the top ESP car & driver in the country would finished _15th_ in
CP. Guess those top five or ten cars must not totally suck, huh?

******

http://ponycar.net/Solo2National.asp has all the 2000 Nationals results, you
can filter by
course (including the modified north course), filter by class, see normal or
PAXed times,
etc.

The top 5 CP entrants placed 33, 53, 95, 117 and 123 in PAX out of the cars
that ran the
unmodified north course (only 11 classes ran the modified north course).

And the ASP winner beat the CP winner on unindexed time. And the CSP winner
would have
placed 3rd.