RE: Prepared Miata reclassing thoughts

To: "'autox'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Prepared Miata reclassing thoughts
From: "Eric Salem" <eric@mail.brown911.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 20:29:52 -0500
The following is a quote from an incredibly SCCA-centric line of crap:

<<
 But you keep bringing it up and I gotta tell ya' Rocky, that it falls
on deaf ears when it comes to autocrossers.  Autox is autox and RR is
RR.  They emphasize different aspects of performance. And very few
autocrossers even know of the intricacies of road race classing and prep
rules.

Now, Let's just look some cars in FP.

1T) Fordahl 914/6 -- someone said Greg makes his living in road racing
2T) Cox BMW M3 -- didn't look like a solo cage to me
3T) Elder -- same car as Cox
4T) Gulick -- same car as Fordahl & didn't it have PCA club race sticker
on it last year?
5T) Huffman -- Red 914/6 & PCA road racer
9)  Jackson -- Yellow 914/6 & PCA road racer
13) Salem -- brown 911 & PCA road racer in his daily driver

Did the other car's play on a track. Don't know. But all the cars that
won a trophy did.

No offense to Andy but, racing is racing and the laws of Physics don't
change just because there are orange cones on the ground. Though I
freely admit that straights are kind of boring.

Instead of playing us v. them let's get back to how do we get the
Miata's into FP.