Re: Prepared Miata reclassing thoughts

To: autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Prepared Miata reclassing thoughts
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 10:49:54 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Andy Hollis wrote:
> Charlie, maybe you didn't see my other note.  The only reason the time
> difference was so low was that the 2nd place AP car (Platt) coned all of his
> runs on the one day.  Add back in the two-second penalty and you get a 1.8
> differential between him and the DP Miata.

One thing people keep talking about is how the DP miatas aren't prepped to
the hilt...

How many other prepared cars are?  Is Platt's car maxed out?  Kinney's?
The non-miatas in DP?

How about drivers?

With the relatively little participation in prepared along with the wide
allowances for preperation, I think we have to be pretty cognizent of
driver & preperation differences when we're looking at times to figure out
if stuff should get reclassed.

I'm just asking the question.  I have _no_ idea how well built the various
cars are or how good the drivers are.

Mark