Re: New Car Classing

To: "Bob Monday" <boysrus_racing@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: New Car Classing
From: "Chuck" <cfgold@intrex.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 08:38:26 -0500
I keep hearing that "there's nothing that can be done to improve the Mini
S". Let's tell the truth: "I'm not a good enough chassis setup person to
know what to do to improve the S until someone who is shows the way". For
two years people said the same thing about the Celica, "put a set of Koni
sports on it and learn to deal with the throttle lift oversteer, that's as
good as it gets". It took a good chassis man, Brian Priebe to jump in our
Celi this summer and start adjusting on it before it really started to come
alive. He figured out what it needed and had Mike Ekert's GT set up by
Topeka, we all know what the results were. Now all the "can't get better
crowd" are scrambling to duplicate his setup. It will take someone like
Priebe to figure out the S, then he'll be walking away from the rest of us.
I can't think of a single street car that can't be improved upon for AX!