Re: shop manuals

To: Bradley Lamont <lamont@mailhost.org>
Subject: Re: shop manuals
From: Rex Tener <rex_tener@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:30:40 -0800
At 08:51 AM 3/10/2004 -0600, Bradley Lamont wrote:
>At 09:37 PM 3/9/2004, Chris Teague said:
>
>>Well, the BMW 330 and other modern BMW's are in the priceless
>>category, because you can't buy them.  I tried several local dealers
>>for my M3, and all say that it isn't for sale.
>>
>>Chris
>
>This is just plain wrong.  I ordered the TIS CD as listed below and it
>works just fine.  It has all the BMWs in the last 20 years on it.  If you
>order both the parts CD and the TIS CD it'll cost you $280 plus shipping.

Actually, BMW has discontinued the TIS and ETK CD's.  While they maybe
currently available from a few places that I know of, they are/will not be
available pretty soon.

BMW in the recent past sold no documentation to the public.  A few years
ago they contracted with Central Letter Shop to distribute some of their
documentation.  That has all come to an end, as they have gone to on-line
system where you pay for daily access to the TIS.  I do not believe BMW is
going to ever offer access to their ETK (parts system) to  anyone!

         <http://www.bmwtis.com>

Luckily, I have an ETK and TIS for my current BMW's, but will not have them
for any future ones that we may buy.

Rex

--
Rex Tener