Re: shop manuals

To: "Andy Hollis" <awhollis@swbell.net>, Smokerbros@aol.com,
Subject: Re: shop manuals
From: Steven J Miller <sjm@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 07:27:19 -0500
Andy Hollis Wrote:
>So, anybody want to spell out some specifics on FSM costs for the
following:
<snip>
>As a start, the Miata manuals and the Civic Si are less than $100.

Charlie Davis added:
>Add the Camaro/Firebirds and VW Rabbit/Scirocco to that list.

The seven-volume set for the 2004 WRX is $635.

If I remember from my VW days, the cheap shop manuals the VW dealers sell
is NOT the official shop manual. It is published by Bentley. They use
another manual in the shop and it costs a lot more.

Steve Miller
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE
The factory shop manuals are cheap, but the factory catalytic converters
are over $4,000.