Re: shop manuals

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: shop manuals
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 10:37:22 EST
In a message dated 3/12/04 8:42:29 PM Pacific Standard Time,
golden1@britsys.net writes:

> Exactly what is it you don't understand? You're proving my point!
> If we took his measurement, right or wrong as compared to what came off the
> assembly line, as the accepted one in the database, that is no one else
> could come up with a more verifiable measurement, then EVERYONE could build
> their Si blocks to that spec and know that if measured it would be to legal
> spec. With the system we have now, using the FSM, here it is 17 years later
> and we STILL DON'T KNOW which way to build that engine! Is NO STANDARD

What is it that YOU don't understand?  So in order to be competitive in that
STOCK class, everyone has to take their engine completely apart and mill the
block .020" to have a competitive engine?  That's a load of ****!  We now know
that the block is legal when the pistons are .010" below the deck, and have
known this for 15-16 years.  At some point, to prove a protest, parts may have
to be purchased through a dealership and measured.  If the protester is
correct, the cheater pays the charges (probably a restocking charge).  What's
wrong
with that system?

Charlie