Re: shop manuals

To: <Smokerbros@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: shop manuals
From: "Chuck" <golden1@britsys.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 23:42:39 -0500
Exactly what is it you don't understand? You're proving my point!
If we took his measurement, right or wrong as compared to what came off the
assembly line, as the accepted one in the database, that is no one else
could come up with a more verifiable measurement, then EVERYONE could build
their Si blocks to that spec and know that if measured it would be to legal
spec. With the system we have now, using the FSM, here it is 17 years later
and we STILL DON'T KNOW which way to build that engine! Is NO STANDARD
better than ONE accepted one that everyone would have access to? NOT!
 There isn't a single engine part in a NASCAR engine that was ever installed
in an assembly line vehicle, but everyone knows what is legal to run and
what is not because a VERIFIABLE standard has been set for each part. I keep
telling you that given the will to do so I could build a stock class engine
with 50 extra hp that NO ONE could prove illegal under the present system
because the measurements needed to prove that the parts were modified do not
exist in any currently published document.