Re: Attendance

To: Jerry Mouton <jerry@moutons.org>
Subject: Re: Attendance
From: Kit Wetzler <kitwetzler@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 14:35:28 -0700
> Let's do it, whaddaya say?

Jerry-

I like your ideas.  I might suggest that we only have points events for
the slush and not have official rookie classes.  Why?  The days get
shorter during slush, and there aren't as many events.  I don't think
they attract as many new rookies (Maybe Rich Urshel can refute or back
this up with hard data). I know that I like to run slush events because
they usually have a lower turn out and are a bit more low key.  Having a
lower number of rookies might leave more experienced people for the
timing trailer/worker positions and leave us with a smoother, more
efficient event.

I think that reducing the number of people that know what they're doing
sounds a bit scary to me, right now, I'd rather have an event where 150
get through pretty efficiently, than an event where 90 people just
barely make it because no one knows what they're doing.

Just a suggestion, feel free to flame away.

        -kit
        97 m3