RE: Trailer crew in 3rd heat

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net,
Subject: RE: Trailer crew in 3rd heat
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 13:46:15 -0500

Message text written by "Kelly, Katie"

"The scorer was trying desperately to see the numbers on the karts as
they went by on course, but it was impossibly frustrating."

As the rule book spells out a minimum size for numbers, it would be my
suggestion we don't let anybody run whose numbers don't meet the spec. AND,
there are also requirements for a class designation. This MUST apply to our
go-kart drivers too.

By doing this and not letting anybody run that can't be identified we
should further reduce our administration problems.

Further, sometimes an event chair has to say "No" to the heart-wrenching
stories. If you can't do your chores at the appointed hours, it's time to
consider preparing for the next event or not coming at all. Because of our
large crowd of members, income is not a problem. BUT, staging a well-run
event is a problem and we need everybody's help.

White numbers on a yellow car door do not pass muster, especially when
another number is an entirely different color and highly visible.

--John Kelly