RE: Trailer crew in 3rd heat

To: "'Jim Ochi'" <jochi@ricochet.net>, Smokerbros@aol.com,
Subject: RE: Trailer crew in 3rd heat
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 10:25:55 -0800
Jim, that falls under the HINDSIGHT category.

I know everyone keeps thanking Vernon and me, but I just have to say that
before group one, I was sitting there in the motorhome, occasionally peaking
out in fear, and what I saw made me feel so warm and fuzzy inside. Instead
of just our ten member set up crew, what I saw was this village of people
setting up and marking cones. In the face of a potentially day ruining late
start, everyone got involved to solve the problem. And yeah, okay, so I
yelled at everyone to get off the course so we could start... before the
course was even finished... well, did anyone get mad at me when you very
well could have? No, you didn't! You are all kind and wonderful people! And
when I told course workers, "Yeah, just walk around until you find someone
who needs relief," rather than look at me like, "Do you think I'm suicidal?"
you all just did it! You risked your lives for me, for Vernon, the
Boondoggle, and most importantly, the San Francisco Region, the Region that
Knows How. I do more than thank you. I salute you.

Boondoggle Bucks for all!

-Katie