Please clarify tech worker duty

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Please clarify tech worker duty
From: Toy4speed@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 01:23:55 EST
Hi All Future Event Chairs / Steering Comm. :

I'm sorry, I'm sooo confused !!  Ok, I get throngs of people coming through
registration, asking bunches of questions before I've had my second cup of
coffee, and still one of the toughest questions is when does a particular run
group
tech-person start teching ?  Maybe late drivers to tech on grid is my fault.
I usually tell them 1/2 way through preceding run group get on grid, get
teched.

Anyway, if it is decided that run group 2 tech person actually techs group 3
cars, etc,  then please lets make this format officially known to all.

At least with the old central tech idea, the tech person would pretty much
work the whole run group assigned.  I remember one event I got into the tech
thing so much I ended up teching for 2 run groups.  You see, sometimes when
there are no relief people coming to kick you out, the time just flies !

Don Lew