Re: Please clarify tech worker duty

To: Toy4speed@aol.com
Subject: Re: Please clarify tech worker duty
From: Kevin Stevens <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 11:13:15 -0800 (PST)
On Tue, 6 Nov 2001 Toy4speed@aol.com wrote:

> James:
>
> Thanks for responding.  This is ONE interpretation I have heard.  IF we
> (loosely used term) can agree this is the official tech work description,
> then I can cross off the run group 8 box for tech, encourage someone from
> morning setup to tech run group 1, etc.  However, as much as I appreciate
> your interpretation, and have no problems with it, we still need a consensus
> and go with it.  Please.
>
> Don Lew

Jerry's interpretation is the one I've always used, both as a chief and
worker.  That's why I assign special workers for setup, to tech the group
one cars on grid so that the tech workers assigned to group one will be
able to start teching group two+ cars immediately.  (Remember, we teched
group one on grid even when other groups weren't.)

There should never be a need for tech workers in the afternoon groups;
tech closes before they start...

KeS