Re: Please clarify tech worker duty

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Please clarify tech worker duty
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 09:39:33 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Wed, 7 Nov 2001 Toy4speed@aol.com wrote:
> Well, whatever the proper method of determining consensus is.  I just have
> this feeling that some of the lack of tech in run groups is misunderstanding.
>  Example, a guy signs up for tech in run group 3, the tech person in run
> group 2 does much of run group 3 cars as they arrive ('cuz they showed up
> during 2), then the lucky fellow (or fella) looking for teching group 3 sees
> most all the work is done for group 3 cars, and decides work is good, must
> now be burrito time.  Group 4 cars probably get no tech or a hustling event
> chair covers it.  Just a scenerio.

For what its worth, I worked tech twice at GGF.  Both times I assumed if I
was signed up for group x tech, I needed to tech group x cars.  So I went
over when group x was gridding up and teched then.  It honestly never
occured to me that I should be teching group x+1.

So, #1 I apologize if I screwed the pooch and #2, I'd recommend that
something be put on the worker signup sheet to indicate how its supposed
to work... :-)

Mark