Re: FFR in AP

To: "ba-autox" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: FFR in AP
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:38:30 -0400

Message text written by "James Creasy"

"i think there is (or i remember seeing) also a general rule that replicas
run in the class of the original.  we are limited by the dimensions and
specs of the old-school cobras.  that goes for the 7 replicas as well, yes?

james"

Related to AP, the present rule merely states a catchall kind of statement
for
"other normally aspirated cars."   These are over an under 5.1 liters. The
unders must weigh 2000 lbs with 16x10 wheels and 2050 lbs with 16x12
wheels.
        For the Overs, 2200 lbs is the minimum weight with 16x10 wheels and
2250 pounds for 16x12 wheels.
        Unlimited Carburetion or fuel injection are allowed. It's all on
page 177 and page 178 of the 2003 rulebook. The item does limit the above
kinds of cars to those listed elsewhere in Prepared classes.

        The limits are slightly different than what you stated.
        As I see it, it's another version of E Modified.
        The grabber is that the SEB continues to mix small displacement
cars with cars that have considerably larger engines. Given that speeds
have been climbing at our National events, this puts the smaller engined
cars at an extreme disadvantage.

--John Kelly