Re: FFR in AP

To: "ba-autox" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: FFR in AP
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:57:02 -0400

Message text written by "Charles Cox"

"
Somehow I missed it. How did they get the FFR past the "Intent" rule of the
cars having to be based on production cars produced in quantities of no
less
than 3000 within a 12 month period? I recall them having to be also
approved
by the EPA and DOT...seems to me the FFR should be a Modified anyway."

Welcome to SCCA. The Prepared Autocross Committee, at the instruction of
the SEB to SAVE A Prepared, decided to include ANY car under "Other." It's
in the rule book. All it really has to do is LOOK like any car listed in
ANY Prepared class. Hello FFR.

As this wasn't expected to reach out and grab a flood of entrants right
off, the PAC and SEB in its wisdom decided to let existing AP cars stay
there in order to fill the class. That's how our Lotus 7A (948cc) continued
to be there. When I asked the then PAC chairman, Jim McKamey, for relief.
His reply was "No Way."  Maybe it was "Never."
In any case I got the picture the PAC/SEB didn't really care about cars
already in the class. And we shouldn't have been there in the first place.
Cannon fodder R us.
        The Miata came to AP later, like 2003, courtesy the PAC/SEB. Just
figure they're laughing at you every step of the way.  And if you sense the
SEB under Colan Arnold doesn't really know what it's doing, well you and I
will share an opinion. That's why we've moved to D Mod. We don't have a
prayer of even coming close to winning but I already know most of the guys
and it looks like a fun situation. Meanwhile I tell everybody I know that
we have a collection of not-too-swift people in charge. (Actually I think
they're quite intelligent, but self-serving. It's just they have decided
whom they want to win and don't really give a hoot how they make that
happen.) So write a letter to your BoD member, Gary Pitts.

--John Kelly