Re: [Bricklin] what problems

To: "klasicars" <klasicars@mywdo.com>, "John T. Blair"
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] what problems
From: "George T. Geissinger" <ustow@ptd.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 12:30:10 -0500
Don ,
 Not much you can do with disc brakes other than jack it  up and pull the
wheels so you can pry the caliper and pads open a bit then put the wheels
back on. When you do go to move it you may have some extra pedal travel the
first pump or two then it will be normal.
The problem with disc is there is no return springs the rubber boot on the
piston is to pull the piston back a hair. When the rubber gets old it
doesn't quite do its job. Also being the pad all but touches the rotor when
things are good they can corrode and stick. You can also make sure you have
some kind of brake lube on the spots were the pads touch the caliper so they
can't rust fast.
127GEORGE!!