Re: [Bricklin] what problems

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] what problems
From: Maycinc@cs.com
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 22:43:06 EST
The thing that fixed my cooling problems the most was adding the compound
scoop that either Terry or Bob sells (can't remember which one).  I also
added an electric pusher fan, high flow water pump, and 4 row radiator.  No
cooling problems.

As for the gas mileage, there's not much that can be done.  It's about
normal for a 70's V8.  The AOD trans is a common replacement for the FMX.
Really reduces the rpms at higher speeds which does improve the mileage some.

I think we need to get away from the air/vacuum operated headlights and
find a suitable electric replacement.  There are several that I looked at that
seem like they would be an easy replacement.  Also, I put in the air
operated door latches and wished I would have kept the electric.

The problem with using the a/c brackets to relocate the box is that the
defroster vents no longer line up so they don't work.   What I did was to use
some wide aluminum tape to fashion a duct between the two boxes.

Marvin