Re: Wanted: Information on TR-4/TR-250's

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: Wanted: Information on TR-4/TR-250's
From: mit-eddie!cbmvax.commodore.com!augi@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Joe Augenbraun)
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 90 11:27:00 EDT

> Of course, if you're patient, you might find a deal like mjb's $250 4A!
>
> chris

You want to hear a deal?  The guy who owns the shop that's doing the
bodywork on my Maser put an add in one of these local classified-ad only
papers that said something to the effect of "Jaguars wanted for restoration".
The ad cost him all of $1.  He's bought 3 cars so far from the ad including
a Mk II with 3 extra engines (one rebuilt) for $450!  I saw this car, and
it is rust-free, has the manual tranny, and a good interior.  Geez, some
people just make you sick.

His shop does mostly Jaguar work, and its an interesting fact, but 4 of the
7 Jags that are currently in his shop are slated to go to Holland when the
work is done.  I knew that Europe was buying a lot of these cars, but I
don't know what Holland's particular affinity to older Jags is.

                                                        Joe