electronic ignition

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: electronic ignition
From: Michael Sands <sands@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 91 08:57:07 -0800
Well it finally happened.  I thought my car would be different.  I would
never have electrical problems....

I have a Lucas electronic ignition.  It blew during extensive cranking
to start, mostly because the carbs were dry because I had not started
the car in a couple of weeks.

What do you all suggest as a replacement.  I have heard good things about
Allison from this group.  I have also seen some nice things done with
MSD.  I have the added problem of not knowing what distributor I have in
my little Kent engine.  The engine is a FOrd Range engine 2270, originally
intended as an aux power plant.  It was used for running things
like water pumps in fire engines and such.

Help!

Michael