Re: Color choices for LBC's

To: Mike Burdick <mburdick@unmc.edu>
Subject: Re: Color choices for LBC's
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 1994 15:02:09 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 3 Feb 1994, Mike Burdick wrote:

> Wasn't the Bug Eye featured in British Car a couple of issues back this
> color?  They said it was the nicest, most original Sprite in existance

Yes, that bugeye was originally painted leaf green, fairly quickly
repainted another color, and restored to leaf green by the present owner
as part of a phenomenally correct restoration.  It is the first bugeye
(not the first Sprite) ever to make the AHCA gold standard; its score was
nearly perfect.  The owner even found NOS Dunlop WW tires, and a new set
of green rubber carpets.  The latter is like finding a Gutenberg Bible
with the original dust cover and uncut pages :-).

I may have misspoke in reference to an original pink box sprite;
pinkish lavender might be closer to the mark.  I thought I would never
forget it, but looks like I did.  I will check my pictures.